Date: 23 April 2012, Monday
Time: 2.00 pm to 6.00 pm
Venue: Citrus Hotel, Jalan Tiong Nam, Off Raja Laut, Kuala Lumpur
A business delegation led by Mr Saheed Thupsee, Extension Officer of SMEDA (Small & Medium Enterprise Development Authority) and Chairman of Aaleemee Society (nonprofit organization) coordinated by Puan Azizah (Vice President of MEXPA) was accompanied by Mr M. Ismeed Abdollah, Mr Navind Gunnoo, Mr Osman, Mr Afzal, Mr Yunous Dhansee, Mrs Shazia Baharay and Mrs Millen Abdool Cader met at Citrus Hotel.
The purpose of the visit to meet up with business people from Malaysia and to link up some business. A presentation was done Mr Afzal (Mauritius Delegation).
The team was keen in promoting the textile, jewellery, shipping, cosmetic, transport equipment (wind screen products etc.) in the motor or bus area and the food and beverage industry. The program saw 21 participants from The Exporters Club company representatives. A visit to a glove factory was arranged by Madam Sevaran Kaur JP (MEXPA) in the next day.
Mr Saheed Thupsee can be reached at
Tel: (230) 233 0500
Mob: (230) 762 3008
Fax: (230) 233 5545
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Mauritius team invited the Malaysia business people to join in the Trade Mission to Mauritius in October 2012.Mr Thupsee expressed his view to a MOU to be signed by MEXPA and their Alaamee Society which is a nonprofit organization.
Mauritius is a pearl in the Indian ocean connecting Africa, Asia, Australia and Europe. It has an geographical position, multi cultural population over a history of French and British colony. It is also a host to immigrant from India, Chinese African and European community.
Points to note:
1. 77 freight forwarding companies –major air line; air France, British airway, Emirates-air Mauritius
2. 5 major shipping line- Maersk, MSC, Mitsui @ MOL, Pacific world, CMA CGM
3. Financial institute- Chartered Bank and Global Board of Trade.
4. ICT/ BPO- Enterprise support section CSS Corp
5. Technology Bhumishq Group
6. Hospitality sector- Max City properties
7. Property- Mall of Mauritius (Bagatelle)
8. Medical- Natec medical
9. Logistic- Amazing stone Ltd
10. Dr. Agawal’s group of eye Hospital
11. Fortis Healthcare
12. Agro-Vita rice
13. University- Middlesex
14. Up to ten
15. Hotel and Tourism- Vatel Mauritius
Report prepared by;
Puan Sevaran Kaur JP
State rep. (NS)/ Liaison officer of MEXPA